A couple weeks back I wrote about how a furniture retailer was using Flickr to create conversations with its customers. And here, HyperGene Media talks about how companies can use Flickr to help market their products.
In addition to being an excellent photo-sharing tool, Flickr is also a good viral marketing tool. Sharing “official” product images or screenshots on Flickr with good explanations and related hyperlinks is a marketing tool for several reasons. These include:
1. Awareness building, education and learning tool.
2. Communication tool and feedback channel.
3. Seeds of viral marketing.
4. Affinity, relationship building.
5. Customer communication channel.
6. Enhance company’s hub in the network.