Many of you may be familar with Oblique Strategies, first published in 1975 by Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt. According to Wikipedia:
Oblique Strategies is a set of cards containing a phrase or cryptic remark which can be used to break a deadlock or dilemma situation. They can be used as a pack, or by drawing a single card from the shuffled pack when a dilemma occurs in a working situation.
Well now you can get unstuck using a Widget for Mac Tiger OS.
Are you a musician/producer having a blank in the studio? Are you a writer with a sudden writer???s block? Are you an artist staring at a blank canvas? Are you a creative looking at an empty screen?
In comes Oblique ??? a widget implementation of the famous ???Oblique Strategies??? card decks from Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt. It features the complete sets of the Original (1975), the Second (1978) and Third (1979) Editions, as well as the elusive, commercially not-available Fourth set (1996) by Brian Eno and Peter Norton. Selection of the Editions is user-controllable via a preferences panel. The timing for the Auto-Flipback feature is accessible via the preferences panel as well.
The use of Oblique is very simple and straightforward, with the aphorisms presented in a non-obtrusive way.
What???s New in this Version
– Completely new front- and back facia, cleaner interface.
– Less buttons: click anywhere to activate.
– Auto-Backflip feature: the widget automatically flips back to the front after a given time.
– User-selectable time for Auto-Backflip: 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 or 30 seconds.
– Re-written and optimized code: faster, leaner and fewer bugs 😉
– Reliable and consistent prefs and a better random number-generation algorithm.
You can download it for free from Apple’s website.